Estimated consumption rate 5-8 m²/L, strongly dependant on the application method.
SurfaGuard Metals is a water-based, nanotechnology formulation that prevents metal corrosion. The metal surface becomes passivated and a 3D network of nanoparticles prevents corrosive agents from reacting with the metal. The corrosion rate is decreased up to 10 times and preserves gloss on shiny metallic surfaces. S layers of rust are passivated creating a shell against corrosion. At the same time, SurfaGuard Metals prepares the metallic surface for paint application as the adhesion of a polymer coating is enhanced.
SurfaGuard Metals is a water-based formulation which reacts with the metal surface (ferrous or non-ferrous) and inhibits the corrosion. The combination of nanoparticles and corrosion inhibitors results in the creation of an impermeable layer against humidity and oxygen. SurfaGuard Metals modiﬁes chemically the metal surface to form a passive layer and the corrosive agents cannot contact with the metal surface. The application of SurfaGuald Metals in stainless steel helps to preserve its "gloss" and shiny appearance while it can be used for removing and passivating existing rust.
- Slows down rust formation
- Extends the lifetime of the metal till installation
- Application by dipping, brush or spraying
- Water-based (Low VOC)
- Inhibits corrosion and rust formation even in extreme environments (e.g. marine, high temperature)
- Extends the lifetime of metals
- Enhances adhesion with other coatings and cement
- Corrosion rate is decreased up to 10 times and preserves gloss on shiny metallic surfaces
- Superficial layers of rust are passivated creating a shell against corrosion
- Shake or stir the container before use. The application surface has to be clean and dry.
- Prior to application clean the surface with a cleaner or solvent.
- Apply SurfaGuard Metals by: a) immersing the metal for 3 - 10 minutes, or b) spraying 2 coats generously, or c) applying 2 coats by brush or roller.
- Remove excess of the material after application and let the material to dry and cure (up to 2 hours at ambient temperature).