NanoPhos SA invents clever materials that solve every day problems. By harnessing nanotechnology, we seek to create a more comfortable, safe and trouble-free living environment. At NanoPhos, we craft materials that effectively solve common problems. We develop multiple nanotechnology driven formulations to add functionality and boost energy efficiency in buildings and construction projects. We transfer innovations out of our lab and into the hands of consumers. By taking advantage of the nanoparticles benefits for the end user, NanoPhos provides solutions for common "irksome" problems such as moisture, mould and thermal insulation. Our vision is clear: "Tune the nanoworld to serve the macroworld" – in simple terms make nanoparticles serve the needs of people.
Dr. Ioannis Arabatzis (Managing Director) Dr. Arabatzis holds a PhD in Chemical Engineering from the National Technological University of Athens (NTUA), an MBA from ALBA Graduate Business School and a BSc in Chemistry from the University of Ioannina. His major research interests include applied nanotechnology and semiconductors chemistry. He is co-author in more than 20 scientific articles. His journal contributions have received more than 500 citations from fellow scientists all over the world. Today Dr. I. Arabatzis, as managing director of NanoPhos SA, is proud to serve his dream by dedicating himself in transferring technology into every day applications. NanoPhos serves the needs of more than 35 countries, all over the world.
NanoPhos S.A products are exported to over 35 countries world wide. For further information on our distribution channel, click on the SALE POINT tab.
NanoPhos SA has been approved by Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance to follow the EN ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System and the Enviromental Management System EN ISO 14001:2004 for the development, production and sales of chemical products for cleaning and protection of surfaces and nanotechnology products. Furthermore, it is certified for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems with OHSAS 18001:2007.
NanoPhos has set the following targets:
- To provide high quality, reliable and environmentally friendly chemical products for water repelling, thermal insulating, cleaning and for protecting surfaces such as tiles, walls, metals, cement and products for decomposing gas pollutants.
- To develop new products through constant laboratory research
- To promote environmental responsibility to its customers and suppliers
- To constantly meet the needs of customers regarding the quality and requirements, by offering solutions for every-day problems
- To preserve and increase its market share
- To ensure that its suppliers meet the needs of the company
- To develop programs for reducing occupational risk
- To develop environmental programs for:
- Reducing dangerous liquid waste
- Using totally recyclable product packages
- Increasing the recycling of solid waste
· To provide a healthy and safe environment for its working staff
The company's management team commits to succeed in achieving these targets via the following actions:
- Publish the company policies to the working staff and to the general public.
- Secure the necessary operational materials and human resources
- Constantly review the company's performance results and adjust where necessary
- Compliance with legislative requirements related to the products, environment, occupational health and safety
- Continuous improvement of the management system
- Reviewing of policies anytime it is necessary.
The company management team and working staff, look upon the implementation of these policies in a serious light, so as to always ensure the achievement of the set out targets.
BRESAER: Breakthrough solutions for adaptable envelopes for building refurbishments. (H2020-EeB-02-2014, Project ID: 637186).
The overall objective of BRESAER project is to design, develop and demonstrate an innovative, cost-effective, adaptable and industrialized envelope system for buildings refurbishment including combined active and passive prefabricated solutions integrated in a versatile lightweight structural mesh:
- Dynamic window with automatic and controlled air-tightness and insulated solar blinds complementing energy saving and visual comfort strategies, such as light redirection and response to solar radiation
- Multifunctional and multilayer insulation panels made of Ultra High Performance Fibre Reinforced Concrete to be used as rigid shells integrating an insulation material
- Combined solar thermal air and PV envelope component for indoor space heating and ventilation, thermal insulation and electricity generation
- Multifunctional lightweight ventilated façade module
- BIPV and Combined thermo-reflexive (improving fire resistance) and self-cleaning coating (through photo-catalytic nanoparticles)
Nano-HVAC: Novel Nano-enabled Energy Efficient and Safe HVAC ducts and systems contributing to a healthier indoor environment. (FP7-2012-NMP-ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeB Project ID: 314212).
The NANO-HVAC project concept aims at developing an innovative approach for ducts insulation while introducing new cleaning and maintenance technologies, all enabled by cost-effective application of nanotechnology. Scientific and technological objectives within NANO-HVAC project is organised in four areas: (1) high efficient and cost-effective insulation solutions for HVAC ducts (2) inhibition and removal of pathogens and allergenics (3) integration and lab scale characterization, (4) demonstration and validation.
Cool Coverings: Developement of a novel and cost-effective range of nanotech improved coatings to substantially improve NIR (Near Infrared Reflective) properties of the building envelope. (FP7-2010-NMP-ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeB Project ID: 260132).
Development of near-infrared (NIR) coatings and tiles to reduce heating of dark-coloured surfaces on roofs and façades. The sun-reflective building materials help to achieve a reduction of cooling loads and improve thermal comfort. They are often seen in roofing but there are also tentative applications for façades. Cool materials are in competition with insulation materials and cannot be applied in cold countries, a part from roof where photovoltaic can have a benefit in efficiency improvement due to reduced environmental temperature. In hot countries, instead, the cool coverings are absolutely cost effective against insulation retrofitting since they reduce heat gain with minor investment costs. Cool materials on the market are always white since a large part of heat is contained in the visible spectrum. Architects, however, are eager to find solutions for dark coloured reflective materials also.
EFECTS: Efficient Enviromental-Friendly Electro-Ceramics Coating Technology and Synthesis. (FP7-NMP-2007-SMALL-1 Project ID: 2505854)
The general scopes of this project is to: introduce flexible and cost effective production systems, based on ink-jet printing and resulting in nearly 100% yield due to the accurate deposition of controlled droplets, implement innovative synthesis pathways to avoid excessive energy input, to enable an environmentally friendly process by promoting water as the preferred medium and avoid the release of toxic gases, to shorten the number of reaction steps by using 'clever pathways'.
NANOBIODOMYL: Nanocomposite Bio-inspired materials for consolidation of bulding materials
Target of this project is the development of nano-hybrid bio-inspired products in the form of alcohol or water based suspensions and powders, in order to be used as surface protection and consolidation of traditional and modern building materials.
NU-ROOF Project: Supporting the roofing SMEs in the development and use of a new generation of roofing materials applicable with fault tolerant procedures, reducing the use of petroleum-based products (FP7-SME-2008-2)
The objective of NU-ROOF project is to develop a new range of waterproof membranes based on non-woven textile technologies with self-healing, self-diagnosis and reflective properties. The research is focused on the integration of a new class of nanomaterials specifically developed to enhance the membrane properties.
NanoPhos S.A is proudly associated with the following Organisations:
Hellenic Federation of Enterprises
Hellenic Association of Chemical Industries
HEMEXPO Hellenic Marine Equipment Manufacturers and Exporters
European Cool Roofs Council